Driving growth through content personalization
I recently came across a really interesting report from Forbes Insights & PwC. It was a content survey of more than 350 global executives. It was an interesting piece for me because it totally resonated with what I have been talking about for the last six months or so – content personalization. It is nice when you find something to back-up your ideas and your thoughts.
I thought I would briefly summarise some key ideas that the report highlights in the form of a list of interesting soundbites. See if you agree with any of these or not. It would be great to have your opinions.
- If content is truly to deliver value, it must contribute significantly to a holistic customer experience.
- Savvy organizations that take the time to create connected, relevant content that aligns with business objectives and leverages data are far more likely to unlock value for both the company and their customers.
- The end game now is personalization—an outcome that’s constantly evolving as innovative companies find new ways to create meaningful experiences for each individual that fuse the online and offline worlds and strike the optimal balance between transaction and emotion.
- 94% of respondents say that delivering personalization is critical or important to reaching customers.
- Engagement only happens with engagement-worthy content.
- Companies that create personalized experiences often see substantially higher conversion rates.
- It’s about leveraging all your available data to precisely target individuals with tailored content
- The hardest part of the business is how you create content at scale while making it relevant.
The report is worth a read and can be found here.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can create one-to-one content at scale please contact us.